December 29, 2010

The Theory (1)

Hey folks. Sorry again for the lack of posts. Between staying out of trouble while visiting with folks back home and grading tons of stuff for the physics class I TA for, I've been a bit busy. Sadly, no Christmas cash to spend on those awesome after Christmas sales but that's not what I'm here to talk about. I'm here to tell you about my Women Who Love Star Wars Theory (or WWLSW Theory).

I'm not entirely sure where you should file this one, under philosophy, sci-fi, or dust off the social filing cabinet and place it in there. So what is WWLSW Theory? It's quite simple. In a world such as ours, a world where geekdom is dominated mostly by males, there are the occasional females that have a certain power over the rest of us: they actually like Star Wars. I know, I can hear your minds exploding from here. You're probably thinking "What the hell are you talking about Arc? I have a couple of female friends who like Star Wars." I'm not saying their kind are entirely rare or anything like that (well they are, but that's not my point). My point is when they find out just how powerful it is that they know who Han Solo is, who Luke's father is, and what an Ewok is they can use it to get what they want. What do they want? The attractive geek, the hot geek, maybe even the powerful geek.

Let me put this in perspective. Let's say your female friend mentions "Hey, want to watch Empire Strikes Back this weekend?" Quit drooling fellas and just say yes. Your mind immediately starts racing "Holy shit, she wants to watch Star Wars, with me?" Don't ignite your lightsaber just yet padawan, it's probably not what you think. She's your friend. To her, you're the good guy who she can talk to about nerdy and geeky things because let's face it, your safe. That sucks right? It probably doesn't help that you find this girl attractive, but how the hell is it that she's not interested in you? A cool, nice, wookie-loving dude like yourself is a steal (she might actually tell you this). The truth probably is, she would love a guy like you, just not right now. She knows that Star Wars gets nerdy guys like you and me hot under the cloak, but she'd trade the Luke Skywalkers amongst us for the Han Solos in a heart beat. The point is, she knows that her knowledge is power and she can use that power to get the hot guy she's dreamed of while making the rest of us be their best friends.

The WWLSW Theory is just that, a theory. Maybe it's just from personal experience, but I've seen this happen to other people (except in movies) as well. Don't let it happen to you guys (and ladies), remember to have faith in yourself. As my boy Skizzle Fresh would say, be confident in yourself and the rest will come to you (or something to that effect). Looks aren't all that are important, it's how you carry yourself that really matters when playing the game. That's good advice in general. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.





Dream on.

Arc

[END TRANSMISSION]

No comments:

Post a Comment