January 19, 2011

The Review (Buried)

My Background: I'm familiar with a few Ryan Reynolds films, such as Van Wilder and Definitely, Maybe and his role as Deadpool in Wolverine. I've come to realize his acting strengths lie in his wit, and from what I knew about Buried, that was one tool he wouldn't really be able to rely on. Also, I don't have claustrophobia or fears of being buried alive.

Review: True to the title. Different. Jarring. Emotional ending. Quality film.

Verdict: rent it.



Just a word about the verdict scale since I never really explained it:

  • Must see - this speaks for itself.
  • Worth it - it's worth paying the money to see it in theaters, which means its pretty good and of high quality.
  • Rent it - a quality film for sure, just not one you'll need to have in your collection but worth seeing once.
  • Avoid it - don't see it, don't rent it, put it out of your mind now.
  • Guilty pleasure - not amazing, probably decent, and will probably get a seriously low score by Rotten Tomatos, but you'll probably enjoy it any. Probably.

And a side note about Ryan Reynolds, I sure hope The Green Lantern is awesome.

Dream on.

[END TRANSMISSION]

No comments:

Post a Comment