February 1, 2011

The Progress (1)

With the impending snowpocalypse here in the northeast, I figured I should give you something to read in case you get snowed in. Or...you know...just something to read because that's what I do.

It's come to my attention that it is now February, and by that mark this means the first month of 2011 has finished. So, what have I accomplished towards my [resolution] in the past month? Let's do a list shall we?
  • I've started to get beyond the things in my past that have been holding me back. Specifically (and vaguely) I've worked through somethings with an old friend, clearing the air, and establishing new ground.
  • I've tried to be more consistent with blog posts, sometimes posting two or three posts in a day. It has been challenging in the past week or so because of all the work that is piling up, but still it's a habit I would like to keep.
  • Speaking of the blog, while my number of posts are up I have no subscribers which is a little disappointing, though I do have consistent readers. I'm working on trying to figure out what people want, but that's where you the readers come in. Feel free to email me if you have an idea for something you'd like to hear more about. And I'm always open to discussion.
  • Back to regular resolutions: I've been working out consistently. Nothing huge, 15 minutes a day and trying to eat better. I know, a common New Year's resolution that falls apart just after the first month or so, but repetition is a good way to keep a habit.
  • And let's just say I've taken one small step towards the legendary person that I aim to be. But a small step forward is a step in the right direction.
That's where I am as of the first day of February, a month that I have never been ultimately fond of but seeing as this is 2011 and I plan to make a few changes, I aim to make this one better than all of the others.

Forward

What's there to look forward to? More questions for one. The only way things improve, and by things I mean the content and readability of this blog, is if I get feedback. I'm just one person writing all of this which makes it very difficult. I can't delegate posts to others, I do all of the "research", and my style of writing is a bit...rough around the edges to say the least. If I had the capability of making money with this and paying others to write with me, that would be awesome, but for now I'm offering a position to anyone who just wants to be heard...for no money.

We all have things we want to share with the world. Art, opinions, stories (I need to make a few more of those for you guys), and pretty much anything. A friend of mine mentioned this week about how so many people seem to go unnoticed. I'm not saying this blog is your gateway to stardom or being famous, but it is a way to display who you are for whoever. You shouldn't need to get noticed, because the people around you should appreciate you and notice, and they do, trust me. This is just a way for you to break past that. All I'm saying is consider it.

So, more questions, more of what I've been giving you, and oh yeah, more contests. Speaking of that, get ready for another one heading into the end of this week. Want a hint? So would I. I'm still working out the kinks. If you've got any ideas for contests and or prizes let me know, I could use all the help I can get. Stay tuned folks, I'm just getting started.

Question: How have your New Year's resolutions going?

Oh, and if you can't post here because you don't have a Gmail account or something like that, feel free to send me an email at archymedius@gmail.com, or message or post over at Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr (check the links on the left). I'm always happy to hear from my readers in any form. Hell, smoke signals and Skype work too.

-Arc

[END TRANSMISSION]

2 comments:

  1. BS, I subscribed through Google Reader, so HA! But not really "HA!" because that's good for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just subscribed, so your subscriber base just doubled. That's what I call progress.

    ReplyDelete