February 9, 2011

The Versus (The Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones)

To the victor goes the United Kingdom and the rightful crown of British Classic Rock. And the island goes to:



The Beatles - 100%
The Rolling Stones - 0%


I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I also think it's hard to decide on this one. I personally really love the Rolling Stones. They have a lot of great music and some excellent bluesy back beats. Of course, that's not enough for a lot of people. The Beatles have an outstanding catalog, a wide variety of music from "Love Me Do" to "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds", from guitars to sitars, hidden messages of "Paul is dead" and other such things that went beyond what was considered normal for many bands of the time. Despite all this, if I had included the option in the poll for "can't decide", I probably would have put my vote there, because honestly what's not to love about "You Can't Always Get What You Want" or "Gimme Shelter"?

Dream on.

[END TRANSMISSION]
__________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment