March 5, 2011

The Review (127 Hours)

My Background: I'm not really a huge mountaineer. In fact I wouldn't consider myself a mountaineer at all. I have spent some time out in the deserts of New Mexico, and in the canyons out there. As for James Franco, I also have little experience with his works. I've only seen him in the Spider-Man Trilogy and Freaks and Geeks. I liked him in those, but I don't think those works are ones you really base your career around. I knew this film had been nominated for quite a few Oscars, and it took home none. Of course, that's not always a bad thing.

Review: Franco is phenomenal. Triumphant and raw documentary. Call your mom.

Verdict: worth it.


Want more? Check it out for yourself, or you could always email me for a longer review. I'm more than happy to discuss any of my reviews. If you don't know where to send your emails by now, send them to archymedius@gmail.com.

Dream on.

[END TRANSMISSION]
____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment