March 9, 2011

The Review (The Adjustment Bureau)

My Background: I've never actually read a Philip K. Dick story all the way through but I touched upon them in my Philosophy of Science Fiction class for awhile. In case you don't know who Mr. Dick is, you may have seen something that was based off of his work such as Blade Runner, Total Recall, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly, or Paycheck, of which I have seen all of them. I've spent a fair amount of time thinking of the whole free will thing, whether or not there is a plan or destiny or anything like that, so this film seemed right up that alley. Also, I'm a fan of Matt Damon and I think Emily Blunt is gorgeous. Okay, on to the review.

Review: Throws you into a non-traditional love story. Straightforward and enjoyable.

Verdict: worth it.

There are some religious undertones to this movie, and by some I mean they are pretty obvious. Still, it was a playful way of talking about it without really saying it and I like when movies can do this to you. Plus, I'm a sucker for what my friends and I call "capital 'M' Moment movies", and this had some Moments in it.

What's next to be reviewed? Battle: Los Angeles. Look for the review this Friday.

Dream on.

[END TRANSMISSION]
____________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment