January 9, 2011

The Review (True Grit)

Seeing as this is my first official review I will tell you how this is going to be: 10 words or less, and then a verdict as to whether or not it is worth your $10-$15. Keep in mind, this is coming from some guy behind a computer screen (aka me) and our interest in movies may not quite align. So I plan to do my best to be as open minded as possible (most likely after this one) and give you a sentence or two about where I am coming from in reviewing this.

My Background: I don't really watch westerns and I've never seen the original or read the book. I know the Coen brothers have done some good stuff. I do like Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon and a good bounty hunt (that reminds me, Boba Fett should totally have his own movie).

Review: The story is good, acting is great. Incomprehensible Jeff Bridges.

Verdict: worth it.

You want more? You're gonna have to go see it for yourself then. Look for more reviews in the future, but I can't promise you'll agree with them.

Dream on.

[END TRANSMISSION]

No comments:

Post a Comment