January 10, 2011

The Update (1)

So I realize that my posts have been a bit more scattered as of late, but these are the things that pop into my head and I figure they are worth sharing. Some things more than others. As the writer of this blog I'm here on my technological knees begging you not to stop reading just because you haven't exactly found what you are looking for here. You will eventually, especially if I had more feedback (that was a blatant hint that you should comment on the posts whether you agree or disagree or whatever).

Okay, I'm done pleading, back to the writing. Media Technology. It's just two words back to back, but more specifically it's how we view, create, and interpret media. Mediatech is becoming more rapidly available to the average person. Video cameras are becoming smaller, cheaper, and high definition. Schools teach media design courses, and tech schools such as RIT, Collins College, and others support varying degrees in this field. Not to mention the internet providing tutorials on pretty much anything. It's amazing how fast things are advancing these days, to the point where young indie directors can give George Lucas a run for his money.

Take [Ross Ching] for example. If you haven't heard of him he's a pretty cool guy just from what I've read on his webpage. Even more so, he really knows what he's doing when it comes to making films. Check out 3 Minutes below and you'll understand my George Lucas comment a bit better. Simple and to the point, Ching has impressed me. Check out the rest of his work at his website as well. Inspiring to say the least, Ching has stirred in me my own interest in film making again. For Christmas I got a new FlipHD and I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use it, and I'm working on something extremely simple but profound. We'll see what happens soon enough.


3 Minutes from Ross Ching on Vimeo.

Stay tuned and stick around. Keep in mind that I am a grad student here and I am incredibly unfocused since I have about 127.3 things I'm working on during any given day. I do hope that in time, be it within the next year or the next decade, that I will find a way to turn your heads as much as up and coming directors like Mr. Ching. For now, you're stuck with version 1.1.

Dream on.

[END TRANSMISSION]

No comments:

Post a Comment